Ludwigs Fine Wine

Turley Sonoma Fredericks Vineyard Zinfandel 2019 750ml

93 points Vinous

Outer quote mark (93+) The 2019 Zinfandel Fredericks Vineyard comes across as rather shy in this vintage. Powerful and yet also tightly wound, the 2019 has a lot to offer, but it also needs time to fully open up. Fredericks Zinfandels age well, so I would not be in any rush to open bottles. Black cherry, lavender, cloves and leather add to its dark profile. It is one of the most backward wines in the range today. Inner quote mark

K&L Notes

Winery notes: Fredricks Vineyard is located, most unusually along steep contoured terraces a mile and a half from the Napa border on the Sonoma side of the Mayacamas Mountains. The head-trained vines, planted in 1937 grow on an ancient hillside 900 feet up in the new Moon Mountain Ava. The Zinfandel is harvested, pressed and fermented with all-natural yeast. The wine is then aged for 15 months in barrel, of which 80% is used oak. 80% of the oak is French and the remaining 20% is American.Aromatically the wine is full of black and blue fruits, with blueberries, cassis, plums and sweet berry pie with a buttery crust. On the palate, there are hints of orange peel, ripe mixed fruits, with a full-bodied rich and lavish core lingering with silken tannins.

Your order is insured, however you must contact us directly with any issues first, DO NOT CONTACT THE SHIPPING CARRIER AS THEY WLL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS ANY CLAIMS ON YOUR BEHALF. ALL CLAIMS HAVE TO BE INITIATED BY US. We will resolve any issues to your fullest satisfaction. 

* You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase wine. By placing your order you have represented to Ludwigs Fine Wine that you are at least 21. All wines delivered must be received by an adult of legal drinking age.

Please be aware that extreme cold or heat can cause damage to wine. If temperatures in your area are below freezing or above 80 degrees for a sustained period of time, please advise us to hold your wine until the weather is milder, or to upgrade to an expedited shipping method.

Your wines will be shipped by us in perfect condition and any damage incurred due to weather is not covered by the shipping company insurance, or guaranteed by us. We will gladly store your wine in our temperature-controlled cellar until the weather is more suitable for shipping.

Due to the increasing difficulty of shipping wine & spirits, shipments may take longer than expected, and expedited shipping methods are not available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

  • The customer is solely responsible for the shipment of alcohol and must abide by their local and state laws.

We use the following shipping methods:
CA,WA,OR,NM,NV- GSO 1to 3 business days

All other States: UPS Ground 4-8 business days

An email will immediately acknowledge receipt of your order, while a second email will confirm your order has been processed and is prepared for shipment. We will contact you by the end of the next business day if there is any problem with your order. While we make every effort to show accurate product listings on our website, Ludwigs Fine Wine is not responsible for typographical, pricing errors, and omissions. Thank you for your understanding.

Please note that your shipping costs are estimated. Actual costs will be confirmed with you when your order is placed.

Many states restrict the shipment of wine. Please accept our apologies if we are unable to ship to your area. We cannot ship to the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Michigan, Mississippi, North Dakota, Nebraska, Puerto Rico, South Dakota, Tennessee,Utah, Virginia, West Virginia. For more information on state laws concerning shipments of alcohol, visit:

 Ludwig's Fine Wine & Spirits

431 San Anselmo Ave.
San Anselmo, Ca, 94960



Store Hours

10am - 8pm Seven Days a Week

Recently viewed