Ludwigs POS

Hobo Cabernet Alexander Valley 2019 750ml

$19.99

1 bottle in stock.

Our Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is intended to be approachable, consumed relatively young, and a versatile food companion. We are always after a more subtle, more restrained, almost lighter style of Cabernet Sauvignon than what may be typical in California these days, but also something that is bright and characteristic of the variety.  Lean and a little rustic like a lot of French wine, but fruit forward like the best of California.

The grapes for this wine come about 65% from our own block in Mitch Patin’s Lloyd Vineyard on West Soda Rock Road planted in 1998 towards the southern end of Alexander Valley on the banks of the Russian River. The remaining 35% comes from a steep knoll called Trieb Vineyard in the more northern reaches of the Alexander Valley. The 2019 also has a small amount of Malbec from the J Rickards Vineyard in Cloverdale.

As always, this wine was produced more like a Pinot more than a Cab. Fermented in open-tops with native yeasts, punched down by hand, and racked to barrels before being aged in 2nd fill French oak barrels for 15 months.

Your order is insured, however you must contact us directly with any issues first, DO NOT CONTACT THE SHIPPING CARRIER AS THEY WLL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS ANY CLAIMS ON YOUR BEHALF. ALL CLAIMS HAVE TO BE INITIATED BY US. We will resolve any issues to your fullest satisfaction. 

* You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase wine. By placing your order you have represented to Ludwigs Fine Wine that you are at least 21. All wines delivered must be received by an adult of legal drinking age.


* SHIPPING WINE IN COLD or WARM WEATHER
Please be aware that extreme cold or heat can cause damage to wine. If temperatures in your area are below freezing or above 80 degrees for a sustained period of time, please advise us to hold your wine until the weather is milder, or to upgrade to an expedited shipping method.

Your wines will be shipped by us in perfect condition and any damage incurred due to weather is not covered by the shipping company insurance, or guaranteed by us. We will gladly store your wine in our temperature-controlled cellar until the weather is more suitable for shipping.

Due to the increasing difficulty of shipping wine & spirits, shipments may take longer than expected, and expedited shipping methods are not available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

  • The customer is solely responsible for the shipment of alcohol and must abide by their local and state laws.

We use the following shipping methods:
CA,WA,OR,NM,NV- GSO 1to 3 business days

All other States: UPS Ground 4-8 business days

An email will immediately acknowledge receipt of your order, while a second email will confirm your order has been processed and is prepared for shipment. We will contact you by the end of the next business day if there is any problem with your order. While we make every effort to show accurate product listings on our website, Ludwigs Fine Wine is not responsible for typographical, pricing errors, and omissions. Thank you for your understanding.


Please note that your shipping costs are estimated. Actual costs will be confirmed with you when your order is placed.

Many states restrict the shipment of wine. Please accept our apologies if we are unable to ship to your area. We cannot ship to the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Michigan, Mississippi, North Dakota, Nebraska, Puerto Rico, South Dakota, Tennessee,Utah, Virginia, West Virginia. For more information on state laws concerning shipments of alcohol, visit: http://www.wineinstitute.org/shipwine

 Ludwig's Fine Wine & Spirits

431 San Anselmo Ave.
San Anselmo, Ca, 94960

Magid@LudwigsFineWine.com

415-456-1820

 

Store Hours

10am - 8pm Seven Days a Week

Recently viewed