This dark, mysterious vermouth is rich, complex and layered, boasting aromas of mint and other herbs, plums and figs, reminscent of Madeira. The rich flavors are hard to pin down: cocoa, red wine, almonds, bitter marmelade, hints of spice and toffee all play across the palate, finishing with a bracing bitter edge. This delectable sweet vermouth would shine in a Manhattan. (2/2011)
Free Shipping in CA for purchases over $150
- Alessio Vino Chinato is a premium Italian aperitif wine made with the fi nest Nebbiolo d'Alba grapes - the same grape varietal used in the highly acclaimed Barolo wines that have been cultivated in the Piedmont region of Italy since the Middle Ages - Cinchona bark (quinine) is added to the wine to add an herbaceous and beautiful bitter note - Enjoy chilled on its own before or after a meal -
375ml 16% ABV
Highlighted by bold red and black fruit aromas and youthful tannins with added herbal notes from aromatic herbs and a balanced bitter fi nish of Cinchona bark - Alessio Vino Chiniato is exceptional when paired with chocolate or sharp blue cheeses and may be used in recipes calling for "Italian Vermouth" -
Girolamo Ruscelli, a true “Renaissance Man” of the 16th Century, was an Italian physician, alchemist, humanist, inventor, cartographer, and a founder of the ‘Academy of Secrets’, the fi rst recorded example of an experimental scientifi c society. In 1555, he assembled one of the greatest manuals of ancient curative recipes, The Secrets of Alexis of Piedmont, under his pseudonym Alessio Piemontese. The recipes, many of which were previously banned, hidden or lost by the Church during the Dark Ages, included several elixirs which appear as distinct ancestors, and may have served as base-recipes to the herbal wine-tonic which eventually became what we know as Vermouth. The Alessio Vermouths are named in homage to the great Alessio Piemontese
* You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase wine. By placing your order you have represented to Ludwigs Fine Wine that you are at least 21. All wines delivered must be received by an adult of legal drinking age.
* SHIPPING WINE IN COLD or WARM WEATHER
Please be aware that extreme cold or heat can cause damage to wine. If temperatures in your area are below freezing or above 80 degrees for a sustained period of time, please advise us to hold your wine until the weather is milder, or to upgrade to an expedited shipping method.
Your wines will be shipped by us in perfect condition and any damage incurred due to weather is not covered by the shipping company insurance, or guaranteed by us. We will gladly store your wine in our temperature-controlled cellar until the weather is more suitable for shipping.
We offer 4 shipping options:
1. Ground Service - approximately 2-5 business days in transit
2. 2nd Day Air - 2 business days in transit
3. 3-Day Select- 3 Business Days (Ground/Air Combo)
4. Next Day Air - 1 business day in transit
An email will immediately acknowledge receipt of your order, while a second email will confirm your order has been processed and is prepared for shipment. We will contact you by the end of the next business day if there is any problem with your order. While we make every effort to show accurate product listings on our website, Ludwigs Fine Wine is not responsible for typographical, pricing errors, and omissions. Thank you for your understanding.
Please note that your shipping costs are estimated. Actual costs will be confirmed with you when your order is placed.
Many states restrict the shipment of wine. Please accept our apologies if we are unable to ship to your area. We cannot ship to the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, New Hampshire, New Jersey,Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, West Virginia. For more information on state laws concerning shipments of alcohol, visit: http://www.wineinstitute.org/shipwine